Sunday, June 24, 2007

What a better way to start than with paradise?


I guess that all good things must end. Sadly we are back from a beautiful family vacation to Maui with Brandon's parents, his sister Emmalee and her baby Shae. The only one missing was Emmalee's husband Zac who is training in Philly with the Eagles as we speak! I'll send him a shout out, we missed you Uncle Zac!

I have put off starting a blog for some time but I thought that now would be a good time to do it with such fun pictures to share. We celebrated both Blythe and Shae's birthday's while we were there. Blythe turned 6 June 15th, and Shae turned 1 June 8th. It is hard to believe that a year has passed since Shae entered our family. Most of our family and friends remember Shae's early entrance into the world and the anxious weeks that followed. We marvel at her rapid growth and feisty personality. She is such a fighter and is determined to be big like her cousins. She was so fun to be with!

Blythe probably had the most fun on the trip having the best birthday any 6 year old could dream of! She swam like a fish everyday, got a pedicure with me at the Heavenly Spa, went snorkeling with her dad and had her hair cornrowed with her Nonus. That means braided for all my non-southern friends!

Brando had to be second as he got his fill of surfing. He was out early every morning enjoying the ocean and catching some sweet waves. It was fun to eat breakfast out on the balcony and watch him surf. He was truly in heaven and was so sad to leave. We all hit the pool and the beach everyday, ate great food everynight, and watched fun movies together in the condo. I must admit I was near tears on the plane as I really didn't want to come back to real life. It was the perfect way to start our summer!

4 comments:

Leanna said...

Such a beautiful family!! And the beach doesn't look that shabby either. As we say in the south, "yall look like a pure slice of heaven"!

Danai said...

Hillary, you did a beautiful job with your blog. We love your family so much. The love you all share is felt by all who are around you. I have to say I'm a little jealous of the Maui trip. I know you had a blast basking in the sun and hangin with the fam. I can't wait to hang out this summer!!!!

Love ya,

Sara said...

Loved the blog Hillary! It makes everyone feel more connected. I loved seeing your trip. Your family is SO CUTE!!! That family photo at the end is perfect. Maui looks so fun with kids, maybe we will have to brave that flight with kids sometime. =)

Lulucarrot said...

Yay! I will be expecting daily blogs now.