Thursday, February 14, 2008

Agrigento









The city of Agrigento is famous for a series of 3 Greek temples. We drove down Tuesday after Castelbuono, spent the night and hit the temples early Wednesday morning. They were INCREDIBLE! Not to mention that the almond trees were in bloom so that made it all the more beautiful. You can just feel such a sense of history when you think of how long they have been standing and how many civilizations used them. It was really neat to walk the road and imagine what life was like back then. Brandon bought a book giving the details of the city and when we get home I will put some captions under these pictures telling the name and purpose of each temple. I am trying to catch up but we have done so much that it is hard to spend time loading all the pics. Currently we are Germany at a ski resort called Edelweiss. It is so amazing and as I catch up with the trip I will detail our time here too. Happy Valentines day to all!

No comments: