Sunday, February 17, 2008

Taormina

This ranks as one of our favorite stops on the trip, it was GORGEOUS! Seriously, the most beautiful costal town that was located right on a cliff overlooking the water. We got a little rained on but it didn't dampen our spirits at all. We got in at night and really couldn't see very much but the next morning we awakened to breathtaking beauty. Brandon and Jo got hot shaves from Saro the barber who claims to have "shaved the world", we ate awesome pizza, and visited an ancient greek theater in the middle of town. It was a very fun stop and may well be the place the Hardy family decided to vacation from now on :) I can only imagine that beach in the summertime, no doubt it is packed.

The town square at night















The city of Taormina

1 comment:

bella utahan said...

Ciao Hardy family! This is Rachael, Em's friend from milan mission. I linked from her to you, thought I would say "Hi" and how happy I am that you went to Europe! I can see you had a great time while you where there! I visited many of the same places (in all the countries you visited)! It was fun to see your pictures and read about your experiences! My best also to Josiah!