Castelbuono was a quaint little sleepy town that surrounds a beautiful castle. We were able to tour the castle but were really disappointed that the well known restaurant Nangalrunni that we wanted to eat at didn't open until 7:30 at night. The Italians keep a very different schedule than we do in the States. Things open for a few hours in the morning and then everything closes for people to go home and eat with their families, and the shops and restaurants don't open again until later in the evening. It took some getting used to to not be able to sit down and eat at what we consider mealtime but we figured it out. From Castelbuono we drove south to another costal city called Agrigento that is home to some famous Greek temples. I will post those pics later this week as I continue to chronicle this amazing experience.




4 comments:
Hill, I am so jealous!! Live it up girl!!!
Hi Hillary, Its amber from freshman year. I found you through Erica. What an amazing trip! You look like your having the best time.
Just amazing! I am so happy for you guys!
I love seeing all of the clothes hanging to dry. You guys have seen some amazing stuff. Italy was my fav. place when we went and you are making me want to visit again, and soon!
Post a Comment