Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Messina and the Ferry

Anche se ero soltanto a Messina per 3 mesi come un missionario ho incontratto alcune gente più piacevole. Gino Vitarelli è uno di loro. Gino ha sempre aiutato i missionari ed i membri della chiesa in tutto il senso che potrebbe. So che il signore ha suo occhio su Gino e lo ha chimato per fare un lavoro speciale per la gente di Messina. Hillary e inamorato con Gino ed il suo senso di umore grande. Non potevamo spendere insieme molto tempo ma il tempo che abbiamo avuti era perfetto. Abbiamo parlato di vecchie memorie, riso, ch'erano alcune lacrime ma sopratutto siamo divertiti insieme. Gino, vi vogliamo bene e non vedo l'ora quando sei morto! Sto scherzando!
After we sadly left Taormina, we drove to Messina to meet a man named Gino Vitarelli who Brandon knew on his mission. I cannot tell you how much I loved this man. He reminded me of an Italian version of one of our general authorities. The spirit surrounded him. Not only did he have the spirit, but a great sense of humor too. He had such a warm smile and I truly loved being in his presense. He loves the missionaries and goes out of his way to look out for them. He shared his own conversion story with us and I was so moved by his strength. We visited with him for a little while and then drove to meet the ferry to take us across to the mainland. We were so sad to leave Gino but excited about the rest of the journey ahead.






1 comment:

Sharlynn said...

Hello. You don't know me but I also served in Messina (95) and Gino was always amazing. I usually call him once a year at Christmas but I lost him for awhile. I finally found him and I never find him at the house. He seems to be at Francesco's house often but I can't seem to find his number. Do you know his last name? (his father passed away over 10 years ago) He'd be in his late 20's now. I know this is a long shot...any idea if Gino has an email? Thanks for your help.