Saturday, February 2, 2008

We are here!

Downtown Frankfurt

Frankfurt Opera House

Ruins In Bitche


Inside a little cave in Bitche


Guten Tag from Deutschland! We have arrived in Germany and have already gotten off to a great start. Josiah picked us up at the airport and we drove around Frankfurt seeing the hosptal where our dad was born and later worked. We made our way back to his house in Konken and were surprised by how charming it is. He lives above the sweetest German couple who have adopted him as their own son. Konken is such a quaint little town. To Josiah it may seem like old hat, but to Brandon and I it was breathtaking.

In our efforts to stay awake to adjust to the time change, we decided to leave the house for fear of falling asleep. Josiah took us to a unique town in France called Bitche. The spelling is bad I know, but the town was amazing. The French countryside is beautiful and we took a short hike up to some ruins that gave us an amazing view on all sides.

Brandon and I are both going to crash, so I will add pics and post this tomorrow.

Auf Viedershen!

No comments: