Monday, February 25, 2008

Valentine's Day 2008






After flying back to Josiah's place in Germany we spent the night and got up Wednesday to drive to Garmisch to go skiing. We got to the Edelweiss Lodge and fell in love. Seriously, forget Park City, this place was fantastic! It is a military resort that totally caters to the family. We checked in and had some dinner, then headed up to the room to watch LOST with Josiah's projector. We set up our own little theater. Then next day the plan was to all go up the mountain together, but the only available time for my much anticipated hot stone massage was at 9:30. So Valentine's day turned into Hillary's day! I sent the boys off, slept in, got my massage, went to the gym for an hour and 45 (when does that ever happen at home?), sat in the sauna, showered up, took a salad back to the room, read for a little while and then took a nap. It was a dream! A day with no obligations or expectations does not come around very often and I took full advantage of it. The boys got home late afternoon after a great day on the Zugspitze, the highest mountain in Germany. Brandon was in powder heaven! We grabbed some sandwiches for dinner, sat in the hot tub, and then went upstairs for the next installment of Lost. Friday we all went back up to the Zugspitze and had a great day. I was pretty rusty but by my last several runs started feeling confident again. It made me remember how much I loved snowboarding in college and got me hoping that one day it will be a frequent family activity. After we turned in our gear we drove back to Jo's and spent one last night before flying home on Saturday.



This trip was incredible. There are not enough adjectives to describe it. I loved every minute and am so grateful that Brandon convinced me to go. Babe-I love you! Thank you is not enough.



Thanks for listening to my ramblings, my blog assuages my guilt for not keeping my journal up to date. This has been a great way to detail the trip and I hope those of you that read my blog have enjoyed it. If you ever have the chance to go somewhere don't hesitate-do it! Especially if your kids are young. They will forgive you very quickly and after a day it will seem like you were never gone. We certainly felt that way as Tess stared cutting her molars right when we got back and proceeded to keep us up 2 night straight. Brandon and I looked at each other often commenting that "The vacation is over" only to admit that our everyday life is just as exciting and being with our kids is the best place to be!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have loved reading about all the traveling you guys did. It makes me want a vacation soooo bad! Maybe one day... But let me tell you that your day of massages, sauna, and everything else...I think I had a dream like that once and it was wonderful!:)

Lulucarrot said...

I like how you didn't mention "I got my butt handed to me" on the snow-boarding trip. So what? You are classy with fancy blogging people but me, you tell about where your butt went?

rowdystroudy said...

I am SO happy about your Valentines day. You deserves every bit of that vacation!

Corley said...

it looks like a dream, hill. next time its the whole fam....now if next time is in 20 years...so be it!! love you! :)

Candi said...

I can't believe the vacation you had - absolutely my dream!! And yes we love your Aunt Gina! We try to hang out with her as often as possible, but she is one BUSY lady! She is constantly out of town visiting her youngins. We had gone shopping that day, after the pedi, looking for new clothes for her. She is always complaining she doesn't have anything to wear. But ... what did she buy?? Clothes for her grandkids and great nieces and nephews.

Andersen Fan Club said...

Congratulations on your Hilly Day! That sounded so great!!! I love a woman who can spoil herself, you deserve it ! I can't believe your trip was such a fairytale!!! And who told Tess she could grow up. She is so cute and age-appropriately huge since the last time I saw her. Please come out soon! You can't miss out on Spring in Provo!!!